Holistic Medicine is a method of healing in which the whole person body, mind, spirit, and emotions has considered. The primary objective of holistic Medicine is to obtaining proper balance in life so that one can attain optimum health. Holistic medicine doctors assume that the entire individual made up of different parts, and they are dependent with each other, if one part is not functioning correctly, the further details would be helpful. In this way, it will affect overall health if people have imbalances (physical, mental, or spiritual) in their lives.
To treat a patient, a holistic doctor can use all types of health care, from traditional Medicine to alternative therapies. The treatment plan can include medications to alleviate symptoms, but also lifestyle changes to help prevent the recurrence of the disease.
Principles of Holistic Medicine:
Holistic Medicine often focuses on the idea that if unconditional love and encouragements give to a patient, then it will be a best and effective healer for his or her health and well-being. So Holistic Medicine has some principles that mentioned here:
- Good health is a blend of physical, political, moral and social well-being.
- First preventive, second care
- Instead of a particular incident or body part, sickness caused by a problem with the entire body.
- Therapy aims to correct the root cause of the illness instead of merely improving the symptoms.
- A wide variety of treatment choices are included, including education, self-care, CAM, and conventional Medicine.
- A person is not characterized by his or her illness.
- The relationship between a doctor and the person treated determines the result of the procedure.
Holistic Medicine: Types of Treatments
A variety of recovery approaches are used by therapeutic practitioners to help their patients take responsibility for their well-being and maintain optimum health. These may include, depending on the training of the practitioner:
- To encourage health, patient education on lifestyle changes and self-care. It can consist of diet, exercise, psychotherapy, spiritual counselling and engagement, and more.
- Complementary therapies such as acupuncture, homoeopathy, relaxation therapy, naturopathy, chiropractic treatment, and others.
- Medicines from the West and surgical procedures
Difference between Holistic and conventional Medicine:
Conventional Medicine is a system in which the medical doctors and other health care team like nurses, pharmacists and therapists use medications, radiation, or surgery to treat symptoms and diseases. So the traditional doctors offer drugs or pain killer to the patient for eliminating the pain or discomfort. But Holistic Medicine is a wellness and healing approach that takes the entire person into account. This type of system gives equal attention to the mind, body and spirit, as it helps the body to heal itself and improves the health outcomes.
All healthcare doctors should try holistic Medicine because it considers the whole person in the prevention and treatment of a disease that maybe lead to sure doctors’ diagnoses. It may also provide the patient with valuable guidance and support and find out the root cause of illness.